EPI conducts evaluations of programs at both the K-12 and postsecondary levels. This evaluation work includes evaluation design, implementation, and analysis, and includes the development and use of surveys, interviews, focus groups, and data analysis.
EPI's work in this field includes both formative and summative evaluations, including impact evaluations to determine the utility of programs and strategies on student learning and progress. EPI's evaluation team includes researchers from around the world, who are matched to specific projects based on prior experience and expertise.
EPI is currently named as a primary grant program evaluator for the School District of Osceola County (Florida) and Milwaukee Public Schools (WI).
In January 2010, EPI Consulting, the small business subsidiary of the Educational Policy Institute, qualified as an US Department of Education ED-SAT contractor. Under this Streamlined Acquisition Tool contract, the Educational Policy Institute is pre-qualified to perform contracts for the Department in the areas of Research and Assessment Design, Data Collection, and Analysis.
- Evaluation of the Teacher Immersion Residency Teacher Quality Partnership Grant (2009-2014), Old Dominion University, Norfolk, Virginia.
- Evaluation of the Pittsburgh Science and Technology Academy (2009-11), Pittsburgh Public Schools.
- Evaluation of Let’s Talk about Leadership and Learning Professional Development Initiative (2009-10), School-University Research Network, College of William and Mary
- Evaluation of the Newport News Teaching American History Initiative (2009-2014), Newport News Public Schools
- Evaluation for Safe Schools/Healthy Students Grant (2009-2013), Lawrence County School District, Monticello, MS
- Evaluation of Elementary and Secondary School Counseling Program (2009-11), School Board of Osceola County, Florida
- Evaluation of the Hampton (VA) GEAR UP Partnership (2008-2014), Hampton City Schools.
- Texas High School Project Evaluation: Expansion of Scope (2008-09), Texas Education Agency (TEA).
- Evaluation of Iowa’s Reading First Program (2007-08), Iowa Department of Education
- Evaluation of Reading First Supplementary Materials (2007), North Carolina Department of Public Instruction.
- Evaluation of the Province of Ontario’s Aboriginal Education and Training Strategy (2006-07), Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges, and Universities
- Improving Educational Outcomes for Students with Disabilities II (2006-07), National Council on Disability
- Formative Evaluation of the NACME Scholars Program (2006), National Action Council on Minorities in Engineering (NACME)
- Measuring the Effectiveness of Student Aid (MESA; 2005-09), Canada Millennium Scholarship Foundation
- Focus on Results: An Academic Impact Analysis of the Knowledge Is Power Program (KIPP) (2005), KIPP Schools
- Formative Evaluation of the Prudential Foundation New Jersey Youth Initiative (2003-04), Prudential Foundation of New Jersey