Research Design & Management
EPI designs and directs small- and large-scale research projects to answer questions that help us better understand the education system, how students learn, and how we can improve systems and strategies to improve the education process. This work, conducted for philanthropies, state/provincial agencies, federal governments, and organizations, is done to expand our knowledge through broad dissemination.
EPI's work in this area includes the design and implementation of experimental and non-experimental studies, formative and summative research, survey development, site-based research, including focus groups, interviews, and document retrieval/review, and data collection and analysis. EPI's staff and consultants include some of the best researchers from around the world.
In January 2010, EPI Consulting, the small business subsidiary of the Educational Policy Institute, qualified as an US Department of Education ED-SAT contractor. Under this Streamlined Acquisition Tool contract, the Educational Policy Institute is pre-qualified to perform contracts for the Department in the areas of Research and Assessment Design, Data Collection, and Analysis.
- Study of District Practices in the Evaluation of Professional Development Initiatives in the State of Alabama (2009), Southeastern Regional Educational Laboratory / Alabama State Department of Education
- An Evaluation of Iowa’s Reading First Program (2007-08), Iowa Department of Education
- An Evaluation of Reading First Supplementary Materials (2007), North Carolina Department of Public Instruction.
- Evaluation of the Province of Ontario’s Aboriginal Education and Training Strategy (2006-07), Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges, and Universities
- Improving Educational Outcomes for Students with Disabilities II (2006-07), National Council on Disability
- Evaluation of the NACME Scholars Program (2006), National Action Council on Minorities in Engineering
- Kentucky Postsecondary Education Comprehensive Affordability Analysis (2006), Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education
- Measuring the Effectiveness of Student Aid (MESA; 2005-09), Canada Millennium Scholarship Foundation
- Impact Evaluation of KIPP Schools (2005), KIPP Foundation
- Latino Youth and the Pathway to College (2004), Pew Hispanic Institute
- Formative Evaluation of the Prudential Foundation New Jersey Youth Initiative (2003-04), Prudential Foundation of New Jersey