Post Secondary Education
Retention & Success
EPI is a national leader in the field of student retention in higher education and sponsors studentretention.org, a research-based center to study issues and disseminate information to college administrators, faculty, and other stakeholders regarding student retention and persistence.
In addition, Dr. Swail of EPI, a well-known expert in the area and author of the Jossey-Bass publication Retaining Minority Students in Higher Education, is a frequent keynote speaker and strategic planning consultant to colleges and universities across the US and Canada. Institutions and organizations that have utilized his services include Palm Beach Community College (West Palm Beach, FL), Red River College (Winnipeg, MB), the Ohio Association for Student Financial Aid Administrators (OASFAA), Innovative Educators, NelNet, TG, Canada Student Loans Programs, Northwest Educational Loan Association (NELA), Sallie Mae, ASPIRA, and the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB).
EPI also sponsors a K-20 RETENTION LISTSERV with Old Dominion University. Click here for more information.
- Analysis of the Individual and Societal Economic Benefits of a Kaplan Higher Education (KHE), Kaplan Higher Education (2010)
- Study of Higher Education Statutory and Regulatory Requirements in Canada (2009), DeVry, Inc.
- Measuring Up 2008, A Midwestern Perspective on the National Report Card (2009), Midwestern Higher Education Compact (MHEC)
- Postsecondary Graduation Rates Study (2008-09), Imagine America Foundation.
- Evaluation of Ohio Dominican University’s Title III Program Supporting Student Retention (2008-2013), Ohio Dominican University
- White Paper on Tracking Individual Student Progress in Postsecondary Education (2008), Alfred P. Sloan Foundation
- Engaging Students and Faculty: An Imperative for Fostering Retention, Advising, and Smart Borrowing (2008), Texas Guaranteed
- Effective Practices in Student Success (EPSS) Database (2006-07), Texas Guaranteed
- Institutional Student Retention Assessment (2005-07), Lumina Foundation for Education
- Development of the Strategic Planning for Student Retention (2005-06), National Court Reporters Association
- Evaluation of the New Practitioners Program (1998), The George Washington University.